Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday November 2

The weather has turned. There is a chill in the air and it is windy. We walked our tushes off again yesterday. I wish that I had a pedometer to measure all the steps that I have taken in the last 50 days. People say they go to the gym to get healthy...baloney, if they wanted to be healthy they would eat fruits and vegetables and drink wheatgrass...but they don´t. They go to the gym to lose weight. Save your money people. Nobody has walked more than I have in the last seven weeks...and yes my legs are stronger, and maybe my cardio has improved minimally, but my clothes fit the same way they did when I left home. It just isn´t fair. Rant over.

Today is our last day in Barcelona. We fly to Nice tonight and the husband of the bed and breakfast owner has agreed to pick us up at the airport. Very kind. We are going to the Gaudi museum today and I am not sure what else. All I can guarantee is that it will be a lot of walking.

We made good old fashioned spaghetti with meat sauce last night and it was delicious. No kitchen in Nice, so we will have to take our meals out once again.

Next time it will be greetings from the south of France. Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Joanne, how was the Gaudi museum?! I absolutely love his work.
    All the best & happy travelling,
    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Corina,
    Great to hear from you. I loved all the Gaudi architecture as well but the museum itself was a rip-off, not worth the price of admission. But the grounds of the museum were fabulous and free.
    Hope all is going well at school.

    ReplyDelete