Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday June 21

We made it to the aiport with tons of time to spare. economy parking is so named because it is halfway to aurora.LOL. The lineup for airtransat was horredous...I guess you get what you pay for. Anyway we made it here. They pack you in like sardines, but they did feed us, and all the children were very well behaved.
We arrived and made our way to the metro. a fabulous system...easy, organized and a guy right there to help you along. smarty pants here had decided on a new way for our first day. a bit longer, but it would cut off some time down the line. the only problem was that the way wasnot marked and i started us off at the wromg place. after walking for more than an hour and ending up back where we started there were some choice words exchanged. we persevered, however and finally made it to our destination tired, hurting and famished.
All the things that I had forgotten have been coming back. The smell of the bakeries, all the dogs and chickens, the blistering summer sun at mid-day, and the lovelt scent of the eucalyptus. trees. This path is not very well travelled, and though we have met a few pilgrims at the albergues, we have not actually passed any walking.
This morning everyone as up at the crack of dawn and on the road by 6:15. it was a long hot day, but we are here at the albergue. When I stopped to take off my sweater I left my pouch with my passports, cards and money lying on the stone fence....didn´t notice until we stopped for coffee...I had to run, and I mean run, all the way back, only 1.5 k or so, but still a pain. Fortunately it was exactly where I left it. I also left my underwear at the last place, but that is minor by comparison.
The only resataurant in town is closed so we will have to cobble together a dd inner. i the meantime.
Buen Camino





No comments:

Post a Comment