Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday October 13

Today we are in ?...a very tiny farm village but a nice private albergue.

The walk from Villafrance yesterday was along the highway to start, but then along the river through lovely tiny villages. Everyone was in holiday mode, ambling from town to town stopping at all the cafes along the way to drink coffee and chat. We arrived in Ruitilan where the rubber hits the road...walk up the mountain to O´ceibraro or stay. We stayed. A lovely albergue where the hospitalero provided a delicious dinner of soup, salad and pasta carbonara, a warm bed with explicit instructions not to let our feet touch the floor until seven am when Ave Maria was played, and a hot breakfast of coffee, juice, toast and muesli. We ran into some Aussie friends and a good time was had by all.

My internet doctor has diagnosed my leg problem as a stress fracture. He says that I must rest it for 6 to 8 weeks and then I can push. I can go about my regular routine which is of course walking. Unfortunately I have to hang up my pointe shoes for a bit, but that bodes well for my understudy. LOL. The walking today wasn`t too bad. I can control the pain for a certain amount with paracetemol, and then I stop.

Galicia is absolutely beautiful and the walk today was spectacular. You have to see it to believe it. Undulating hills with beautiful little villages nestled in their crooks. it is as I imagine Ireland. The closer we get to the end the less pressure we feel to walk long distances daily..it is as if we don`t want it to end. But end it will.

Until next time,

Buen Camino

No comments:

Post a Comment